Re: Real time database access from Web

From: Gregory Junker <gjunker_at_one.net>
Date: 1996/11/27

Tim Ottinger wrote:

> Chris Hills-HRS wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Hotrock Software Pty Ltd has just released PERENTIE, a tool
> > which enables real time interactive database access from a web page.
>
> Okay, which one? Real time, or interactive?
>
> Tim

How would this be any different than programming straight to ODBC or DB-Library? Am I not real-time? When you query me, do I not answer? When you update me, do I not.... (oh, f*** it)

All you need is NSAPI and DB-Library, not another addition to the myriad "enabling" products out there (how many different ways _can_ you skin a cat, hmm?)

--
Gregory Junker - Systems Development
Federated Department Stores