Re: SEPARATE APPLICATIONS NEWS GROUP

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1996/11/27

In article <1996Nov26.004413.1387_at_rossinc.com>, Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com> wrote:
>In article <329948B3.6C30_at_mmm.com> oramail_at_mmm.com (Mark Rostron) writes:
>>Hi, could we please have a new news group devoted to the ORACLE
>>APPLICATIONS programs. thanks, mr
>
>Adding a new newsgroup is a long and involved process. Since this process
>just cycled, I don't think you could do it for another six months (from
>September). I can't believe they didn't vote in an apps group, but that
>just shows the bias of the users of the soon to be former
>comp.databases.oracle.
<snip>

The comp.databases.oracle.tools newsgroup IS the applications group. We selected the name tools since it is shorter than 'applications', and apps wasn't selected since it is a poorly understood abbreviation.

The straw poll taken last spring showed that tools was preferred over applications for the newsgroup name. The newsgroup line for cdo.tools is:

  Comp.databases.oracle.tools Oracle software tools/applications.

Steve Cosner Received on Wed Nov 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message