Q: How to install Oracle GUI viewer to look at on-line documents?

From: Charles Chen <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/26

For the first time, I plan to do a brand-new installation of Oracle 7.3.2 on a Sun SPARC 10 running Solaris 2.5.1 with OpenWindows. I am trying
to install just the Oracle on-line documents and view them. However, at this point, I do not want to install the Oracle software itself yet. I have declared the required Oracle environment variables (ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_TERM, PATH, etc.) but not the rest of environment variables that might be required. Anyway, after I typed the following,

% cd /cdrom/oracle/orainst
% ./orainst m,

I get an error message saying that libXmlib.so.0 failed and libXmlib.so.3
can't be opened. I really need to know what I should do. Also, any information on how to do a clean, new installation of Oracle 7.3.2 on a Sun SPARC with Solaris 2.5.1 is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any prompt response ASAP.

						C. Chen
						11-26-96