Kicking of Jobs Client Server

From: Tom McPoyle <mcpoyle_at_snowhite.cis.temple.edu>
Date: 1996/11/25

We currently have an application which is was designed with DEV2000 in UNIX. We would like to port this application to win95 to work client/server.. however, we are running into problems with using our existing reports and other server specific code....which is in microfocus cobol. We have looked into dbms pipes to kick off the reports...and they work well...however, i don't know of anyway to pass the report screen back to the client for user input...i have been able to kick off the report using an xterm and displaying back to win95....but I would like this to be a last resort. Can someone give me any ideas of a good way to handle the communication to do this?????

Thank You,

Thomas M McPoyle
mcpoyle_at_jedi.cis.temple.edu Received on Mon Nov 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message