Re: Oracle Security

From: John D. White <jdwhite_at_lys.vnet.net>
Date: 1996/11/25

Shirley D. Willingham (sad_at_interpath.com) wrote:
: Does anyone know for sure it the Operator name or password is encrypted
: when you are signing on at the time of transmission. The file I think is
: encrypted but I would like to know if the transmission is also encrypted.
: I cannot seem to get an answer from Oracle manuals or from their
: documentation. Would like to have an answer.
In a word no

TCP/IP is not secure but... named pipes will provide more security. Hope this helps
Good Luck!

--
John D.(JD) White Oracle Client/Server Consultant Inventor of the ATM
Whiteline Design, Inc. 7812 Blackwing Ct.Raleigh, NC  27615  USA