Re: Oracle Performance, RPT

From: Mike Madland <mikemad_at_asymetrix.com>
Date: 1996/11/25

curtm_at_ix.netcom.com wrote:

>We currently run an old DOS application (ALCIE IV) using FORMS 3.0, Menu 5.0,
>and RPT for DOS. I've recently upgrade my hardware, but performance still is
>slow. The biggest problem seems to be with RPT (oracle's old SQL*REPORT 1.1
>for DOS). ReportWriter, unfortuatly, does't have the flexablity of RPT, and
>don't know of any other solutions off hand to convert RPT code to anything
>else ( is oraperl an option perhaps ?? ). Anyone have any ideas ??

We run ALCIE too, but under SCO Unix. We've written our own reports using SQR. I've heard there is an RPT to SQR conversion available. I think it was from a consulting company called TUSC, or something like that. You might try running RPT with a larger array size (-a flag) to increase the performance.

Mike Madland
mikemad_at_asymetrix.com Received on Mon Nov 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message