Newbie Oracle Question

From: Robert M. Blake <rmb_at_mail.scsinfo.com>
Date: 1996/11/25

This might be a stupid question but:

I've got Oracle 7.2.3 installed and running fine on an HP-UX 10.1 HP9000 Unix box without a problem. Everyone's connected on the same segment of a good 'ol Ethernet network.

Most of my clients are going to be running on Windows 95 PC's using Sql*Net 2 with TCP/IP.

My question is do I need to install that Sql*Net2 seperately on all the PC's or is their some way they can share a network install and just keep the various Oracle .ini files local. I want to avoid having to walk around to install and administer 100 PC's.

Thanks in advance

--
Robert M. Blake
Unix Systems Administrator

rmb_at_mail.scsinfo.com (860) 677-0222 x 66