Re: Developer 2000 on Windows3.1 and Win95

From: Mark Freudenberg <freud_at_gate.net>
Date: 1996/11/23

Cathy,

It all depends on the version of developer 2000 you are using. If you are using developer 2000 v1.2 on both 95 and 3.11, you should have no problems developing on one platform and deploying on another. If you are using dev2k 1.3 on 95 and dev2k 1.2 on 3.11 you will need to regenerate any app you create on the other platform. Developer 2000 v1.2 and v1.3 are supposed to be forward and beckward compatible. All you need to do is regen between the different versions. The reason for regeneration is because dev2k v1.2 is a 16-bit tool that creates 16-bit apps and dev2k 1.3 is a 32-bit tools that creates 32-bit apps. Since 95 and 3.11 or extremely similar platforms to be running forms on, you should have little or no problems between the two platforms.

Hope that helps.

Mark Freudenberg