[Q] Blank problem in Pro*C

From: Sang-Youl Lee <sylee_at_hanul.edi.co.kr>
Date: 1996/11/23

Hi there

I promgramed to access Oracle database by Pro*C. Method 4 is used one of dynamic method, that is SQL descriptor.

My question is how to remove blank characters in CHAR fields. For example, if assume that char(10) type as name field is uesed and 'SYLee'. In this case, 5 blank is inserted automatically by Oracle. But I want to get as 'SYLee\0' such as character string in C.

I think that I should extract blank in my application program. But, is there no method using Descriptor and other capability in Pro*C.

Thank you in advance,

SangYoul Lee
Eugene Data Inc. Received on Sat Nov 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message