Re: simple question i'm sure, HELP!

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/23

KEVIN!!! <kdblakel_at_mail.uccs.edu> wrote:
>Ok, I am new to this database world and this is actually for a class
>project. We are using Desinger 2000 and Oracle 7 at school and I would
>just like to know how through SQL Plus you can get a list of tables within
>your repository? Any help would be great.....
>
>Thanks
>Kevin

Hi there,

You need to perform 2 SQL statements to retrieve all your tables in the repository.

  1. Select id from ci_application_systems where application_name = 'application name' and version = 'your version of the application'
  2. Select table_name from ci_tables where application_system_owned_by = id (retrieved from previous step)

Logon as repository owner and describe the above tables for the actual column names. I hope they are correct. If not please change the statement and retry your operation.

Good luck

N.Prabhakar Received on Sat Nov 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message