Re: Book recommendations???

From: Bob Stewart <rstewart_at_mars.superlink.net>
Date: 1996/11/23

>The first book I strongly recommend is "Oracle...A beginner's guide"
>put out by Oracle Press. It explains the basics very well about the
>Oracle database engine, how it works, and the basics of most of Oracle's
>development software. I would also recommend the book "Oracle The
>Complete Reference" also put out by Oracle Press. You may be able to
>order those books by contacting Oracle's web site _at_ www.oracle.com.

Well, you can get them at 25% off at Readme .Doc!

     ORACLE: A Beginner's Guide
     by Corey, M. & Abbey, M.
     ISBN: 0078821223
     Pub: McGRAW-HILL, 1995, 522 pp.
     $29.95 Our Price: $22.46

     Oracle: The Complete Reference, Third Edition
     by Koch, George & Muller, Robert
     ISBN: 0078820979
     Pub: McGRAW-HILL, 1995, 1065 pp.
     $39.95 Our Price: $29.96

Try: http://www.findbook.com/oracle
  ...there are about 15 others.

>It is imperative to have knowledge of PL/SQL which is Oracle's version
>of SQL which allows you to write programs manipulating the database
>tables. I highly recommend the book "PL/SQL Programming" by Steven
>Feurstein.

We have that for 20% off:

Oracle PL/SQL Programming w/disk

     by Feurstein, Steven
     ISBN: 1565921429
     Pub: O'REILLY & ASSOC., 1995, 885 pp.
     $39.95 Our Price: $31.96

http://www.findbook.com/Feurstein

README .DOC Discount Computer Books, Inc.

ALL books 20-35% off!

Over 3,500 titles for all major publishers!!

You can purchase online through our secure ordering system!

Please stop by: http://www.readmedotdoc.com

<URL:http://www.readmedotdoc.com> Received on Sat Nov 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message