Re: Personal Oracle 7

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/23

In article <01bbd837$25499200$1fcad49b_at_jeffk.ids.net>, Jeffrey King <jeffk_at_ids.net> wrote:
>I have a question about Personal Oracle 7 downloaded from the web.
>
>I have been reading the Oracle developers manual and it refers to several
>features in PO7 that I cannot find. For example, the Database Expander for
>increasing or decreasing the size of a table.
>
>My question is, Does the download version on the web have all functionality
> ?
>
>If so, where are the missing pieces in PO7?
You haven't given too many details, like which po7(Win3.1,95,NT) and what book exactly (an Oracle reference manual,etc?). Anyway, my guess is that you have a book which refers to PO7.1 for Win3.1 which included some GUI tools like imp/exp/expand/etc. (By the way, expand is for increasing the size of tablespaces, not tables). My second guess is that you're using PO7.2 or PO7.3 for Win95. Anyway, PO7.2 for Win95 no longer contains these GUI apps. PO7.2Win95 has command line versions of imp/exp and no expander. (I think with 7.2 there are auto-expanding tablespaces).

If those guesses aren't correct, then you'll need to provide more details.