sql%notfound and NO_DATA_FOUND exceptions.

From: Rashid Karimov <rashid_at_rk.wbs.com>
Date: 1996/11/22

        In the code like the following:

	begin
	select id into t_id from widgets
		where name = 'X';
	if sql%notfound then
		null;
	end if;

	exception
		when *****
		**********
	end;

	Does the sql%notfound stmt. I have guarantees
	that NO_DATA_FOUND exception will not get propagated into
	exception block  when and if raises ?
	What if I have if sql%found instead of sql%notfound , which
	looks like this:

	if sql%found then
		code1;
	else
		code2;
	end if;

	Will the NO_DATA_FOUND exception lead to the execution
	of code2  or I'll get an (explicit) exception ?

	And the other question I had stands not changed:

	in the code like:

	select id from t1
		where cond1
	UNION
	select id from t1
		where cond2;

	if it happens that one of the tables doesn't have  any
	rows satisfying cond1 or cond2 , would I get NO DATA FOUND ?

	E-mail copy of followup , if any , would be appreciated.
--

               Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
               In the world of magnets and miracles
               Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
               The ringing of the division bell had begun ...
                        -=PF, The Division Bell=-