Re: [Q] what benefit I get from NOARCHIVELOG ???

From: N Prabhakar <N_Prabhakar_at_Socgen-Crosby.com>
Date: 1996/11/22

duffy_at_cais.cais.com (MCC) writes: > I knew it is very danger if I don't setup Archive redo log mode? My
> friend told me change from "Archivelog mode" to "Noarchivelog mode"
> performance will improve a lot. Is it true? What other benefit I can get
> from "noarchivelog" ? Thank you for help.

Hi there,

Performance will definitely improve. In addition to that, you will gain lot of disk space, as archive files are not generated.

Disk I/O rate will improve.

Since online backup cannot be performed, you may save lot of storage space on the tape.

The only thing you can rely is on Offline backup or Logical backup.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Fri Nov 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message