Re: [Q] what benefit I get from NOARCHIVELOG ???

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/11/22

In article <01bbd815$aefdc4c0$619f21cc_at_djrubin.ix.netcom.com> "David J. Rubin" <djrubin_at_ix.netcom.com> writes:
>No other benefit... performance is the only reason for not implementing
>redolog archiving... that and a desire to commit professional suicide ;)

A small site that has an auto-cold-backup every night could reasonably do this. Many sites do it, and did it long before hot backups ever became trustworthy. The main requirement is to not care about redoing up to a days work if things go bad.

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>