Re: Help: Oracle error ORA-00600 !!

From: Minick Rushton <mrushton>
Date: 1996/11/21

Hi Sharath,

Unfortunately, this one is exactly what it says. You have probably hit a bug in the Oracle code; it is likely not something you did wrong. About all you can do is call Oracle support and send them a test case. If it's a known bug, they might be able to tell you in what release it's fixed. Don't expect a quick fix (this is Oracle, after all); in fact, I wouldn't count on a fix ever, although these errors often go away a few releases later.

In the last year, I've seen more Oracle 600 errors than I expected in a lifetime.

Minick Rushton Received on Thu Nov 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message