Re: How to limit USERS ability to Create Tables

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/21

Martin Douglas <dafis_at_ppp.test.jccbi.gov> wrote:

>Howdy,
>
> I have just run into a problem on my inquiry only system. I have a large
>Data Warehouse (100Gig) in which I have a user that just created his own table
>in his default tablespace "USER_TBS". I have granted all users one ROLE that
>I defined. This ROLE has 'connect' and 'select *' on views I developed. This
>user does have a default tablespace 'USER_TBS' and a default temporary
>tablespace 'TEMP', But he has '0k quota' on each of these tablespaces.
>

> How did he create this user defined table without me giving 'create table'
>privileges and how do prevent this in the future.
>

> Thanks for you time
>

> Martin Douglas

Hi there,

It may have happened that the USER has created the table when he got all the privileges. If the grants to create table are revoked from that user, it will prevent only future creations and does not affect the past objects owned by him,

To avoid in future, drop all the objects under every user account (accounts which should not have any objects) and re-issue the grants.

Regards

N.Prabhakar