UNION and 'not found' exc.

From: Rashid Karimov <rashid_at_rk.wbs.com>
Date: 1996/11/20

        If I'm using something like

	select part from t1
	UNION
	select part from t2

	and say part was only found in one of the tables,
	will ORACLE throw 'not found' exception ? I want
	to use cursor declared similar to the SQL stmt above
	and naturally wondering if I should haunt for the exception ?

	In this particular case I want to ignore not found exc. if
	it happens, but down the code it begins to matter ... so should
	I  wrap the first section of code which will open() and fetch()
	in its own begin ... end with separate exception handler ?

	E-mail copy of answer, if any, will be appreciated :)

	Rashid.

--

               Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
               In the world of magnets and miracles
               Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
               The ringing of the division bell had begun ...
                        -=PF, The Division Bell=-