HELP : getting execution status from sqlplus to Unix scripts

From: sergio <gracias_at_logica.com>
Date: 1996/11/20

Hi there,

I have got a Unix shell script running several PL/SQL scripts (via sqlplus) sequentially. I would like to exit this shell if any of the PL/SQL scripts fails and return an error code to the scheduller which runs this shell. Is there an easy way to get the execution status from sqlplus ?

Here is the type of shell script I use :

#!/bin/ksh

sqlplus user1/user1 _at_load_person.sql > $LOGFILE

sqlplus user1/user1 _at_load_address.sql > $LOGFILE

Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks.

Sergio

--
Sergio Gracia                                 GraciaS_at_Logica.com
Logica uk ltd                                  (44)0171 637 9111