Has anyone converted from Sybase to Oracle?

From: Don Burdick <burdick_at_dccc.org>
Date: 1996/11/20

Has anyone out there converted from Sybase to Oracle?

My organization is more or less being forced to install Oracle to run a specific piece of software. I'm unfamiliar with Oracle but I don't feel that it is a good idea to run both Oracle and Sybase simultaneously as I have a division of three including myself.

All of our front-end applications are written (or will be converted to) PowerBuilder.

On a personal level it is obviously a great thing to do for my resume, but on a professional level I'm not sure what I'm up against.

Please email me with any responses.

-Don
email: burdick_at_dccc.org Received on Wed Nov 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message