Re: What is an extent ?

From: Steve Dodsworth <steven_dodsworth_at_qsp.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/20

Atif,
An extent is " A specific number of contiguous data blocks, obtained in a single allocation, used to store a specific type of information" (server concepts 7.2 P1-13)

Your ideas that you mentioned are correct, min_extents is the minimum number of extents to allocate when creating the object, max_extents is the maximum number of extents the object is allowed to grow to.

Regards
Steve

Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu> wrote in article <aak2.848427944_at_Isis.MsState.Edu>...