Re: NT WorkGroup Server Database & NT WebServer Database Compatibility?

From: James Rogers <jamesr_at_webcontext.com>
Date: 1996/11/20

Hi.

I have been running NT Workgroup Server 7.2 with WebServer 2.0 for many months now without a problem. They work together seamlessly.

However, installation for this is a bit different. You cannot install the older components and upgrade to get this to work right. We got it working by custom installing only the components and versions we wanted to be running. DO NOT INSTALL A VERSION OF A COMPONENT YOU DON'T INTEND TO USE. If you do, you will have problems, even if you "upgrade". This is a little bit extra work, but the install should go without a problem. It took many hours and many headaches to figure out how to install this configuration!

-James Rogers
 jamesr_at_best.com