Re: What does thir error mean ?

From: (wrong string) érubé <sberube_at_cam.org>
Date: 1996/11/20

Atif Ahmad Khan wrote:

> Hi, we have Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.2 running under Solaris X86 2.5.1
> It has been working fine for over a week and all of a sudden I am getting
> the following error when running an update statement :
>
> update test_table
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01562: failed to extend rollback segment number 4
> ORA-01650: unable to extend rollback segment R03 by 64 in tablespace RBS
>
> I am fairly new to Oracle and would appreciate any help that you can
> provide. Thanks.
>
> Atif Khan
> aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu
this simply means the rollback segment does have not enough space to increase in the RBS tablespace (created by default when installing Oracle to contain all rollback segments). Increase tablespace by adding file and... check the transaction that is asking for a bigger rollback. (can't hurt) ;-) Received on Wed Nov 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message