Archiving Financials Data

From: Systems Admin <sysadmin_at_vdoj.vic.gov.au>
Date: 1996/11/20

Does anyone have a solution to archiving financials data? Our users want to archive data more than a year old but keep it available so that it can be quickly retreived if needed. This would rule out putting it to tape or Exporting it. Could we create a separate database and use snapshots to archive the data to this one? If they needed to look at the snapshotted (snapshat?) data would this database need to have another Financials Application installed to view it?

Help appreciated,

Andy Horne Received on Wed Nov 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message