Transaction Processing Monitor?

From: Mirza Fateh Ud Din Ahmad <fateh.ahmad_at_cressoft.com.pk>
Date: 1996/11/19

Recently, I am reading the TPC benchmarks released by Transaction Processing Council (TPC). These benchmarks are both for Hardware and database vendors. These benchmarks are generated by running any database (Oracle or Sybase etc.) on a hardware platform (IBM, HP etc.). In some cases, it is stated that which
"TP Monitor" is used while benchmarking. I think "TP Monitor" means
"Transaction Processing Monitor".

Can anyone tellls me that what is actually "Transaction Process Monitor". Some of the names that I read from these TPC tests are "IMC Tuxedo ETP", "Tuxedo 4.2.2v2", "Bea Tuxedo" etc. etc.

Regards

Mirza Fateh Ud Din Ahmad
Sr. Software Engineer
CresSoft Pvt. Ltd.
Lahore, Pakistan
fateh.ahmad_at_cressoft.com.pk Received on Tue Nov 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message