Re: Upgrade (7.0 to 7.3) tips?

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1996/11/19

janet wrote:

> Hi all,
> I know i'm not supposed to be posting to this group, but
> i can not find the new ones. so i wrote to postmaster &
> hopefully I will get on...
> in the meantime i need to ask my question. there is a
> real plethora of information out there, and all you folks are
> wonderful help. i wish to pick your brains again.
> i am about to upgrade our test system from oracle 7.0 to
> 7.3. of course, i can do this and am not asking how. what i
> am asking is for tips, or if there are any undocumented
> "features" (not bugs!) that i should know about?
> Hardware/OS: sun solaris unix system V release 4.0

   If you will upgrade to 7.3.2.1.0, you must request to upgrade to 7.3.2.2.0 and get a patch. 7.3.2.1.0 have some bugs. Moreover, try to remark USE_CKPFILE_LISTENER = true in the listener.ora.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841