Re: HELP!! setup sql*net on Workgroup server ...

From: Jim Mitchell <jmitchell_at_jimdesu.com>
Date: 1996/11/18

In article <56qjq7$gok_at_news2.cais.com>, duffy_at_cais.cais.com says...
> We have Oracle workgroup server (V7.1 and Sql*net 2.1) on IBM AIX 4.2.
> The listener look like startup correctly. I tried to do local loop test
> (sqlplus system/manager_at_db00) on server side. I have following error
> messages:
>
> ora-12154: could not resolve service name
>
> Can anyone help me on it? Is it possible someone send me your
> configuration files (listener.ora, tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora)? Thank you
> for help.

You need to see your /etc/services file (or whatever it's called on an AIX machine) and make sure that the service for the TNS listener is in there. I thinks it's 1524, but don't quote me on that. Your operating system specific manuals and/or SQL*NET manuals should say.

HTH         Jim Received on Mon Nov 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message