Re: Finding username of row level lock holder on 7.2

From: N Prabhakar <N_Prabhakar_at_Socgen-Crosby.com>
Date: 1996/11/18

rickhens_at_aol.com writes: > Does anyone know of a method of identifying the username of the holder of
> a row lock ? None of the V$ tables seem to contain the needed information
> to determine this. We are running version 7.2.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rick Hensley

Hi there,

You can query DBA_BLOCKERS, DBA_WAITERS from user SYS. If these tables are not present, then you need to run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catblock.sql

When you query these tables, you will get HOLDING SESSION ID and WAITING SESSION ID.

Once you the session id, the following query can be issued against V$SESSION.

select username, osuser
from v$session
where sid = <retrived session id>

Hope the above info helps..

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Mon Nov 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message