Re: Help, please - inserting data into LONG RAW

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1996/11/18

---sregener_at_us.net wrote:

> I have a table set up with a long raw column, which I'd like to use
> to store multimedia files, etc. I'm writing a Pro*C program to accomplish
> this task. I'd prefer not to read an entire graphics file from the file
> system into one host variable and then try to throw that into the database
> (the files may end up being enormously large), so I was hoping to try and
> process reading the file in batches and concatenating it to the existing
> value. I've been able to concatenate to a varchar2 field via this method,
> but the long raw keeps giving me inconsistent data types (ORA-00932) at
> runtime for the following statement:
>
> EXEC SQL UPDATE table SET long_raw_col = long_raw_col || :buffer WHERE
> object_id = :obj_id;

  Concatenation operator is used to concatenate character strings.

  Related Topics: Datatype conversion

Name : Lun Wing San
Title : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council

         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC Phone : (852)27885841 Received on Mon Nov 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message