Re: SQLDBA on NT: multiple instances?

From: Mike Burke <mike.burke_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1996/11/18

Simon Mayeski wrote:

> Does anybody out there know how to "point" sqldba72 to one of several
> instances on a single NT (3.51) server? It seems sqldba depends on the
> (damn) Registry: whichever's instance SID is registered at the time is
> the one that sqldba uses; only by changing that can I "choose" which
> instance I can use sqldba on.

Simon,

You can override the settings in the registry by puttings entries in the "System" icon in "Control Panels". This is also where you can define other NT variables.

Good luck,

Mike

PS. Have you tried "Oracle Enterprise Manager" yet? This will allow you to do most of the SQLDBA stuff without having to login directly to each server. Received on Mon Nov 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message