(no subject)

From: Egli Shelley M <egli_at_space.honeywell.com>
Date: 1996/11/18

Does anyone know whether you can execute a Unix shell script inside a PL/SQL package procedure? What I'm trying to do is create a document check-in form. The form basically contains 3 fields: 1) name of the document, 2), source directory (where doc currently resides), & 3) desintation directory (where doc needs to be placed). Once the user fills out the form, they click on the 'Check-in' button. This would then fire off the shell script behind the scenes which is basically just a cp command. Right now my PL/SQL package basically shows:

htp.formOpen('pdm.checkinAction');
htp.formText('doc_nbr');
htp.formText('src_dir');
htp.formText('des_dir');
htp.formSubmit (null,'Check-in);

This is where I'm stumped. How can I have it execute my shell script from my formOpen command above? My shell script is basically just a "cp' command.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Received on Mon Nov 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message