Re: Q: Exporting large databases,tables (> 2gig)

From: Krishna K. Kurup <krishnak_at_kna.com>
Date: 1996/11/17

Martin Douglas wrote:

> > Question 3: Can extents (in oracle 7.2 and above) span datafiles ?
> >
> I am running a DEC ALPHA 2100 with ORACLE 7.2.2.3. My limit in a datafile is
> 4 gig, but I have upto 12 gig tablespaces on a 100 gig database. Your size
> limit my be hardware dependant. But once a datafile is added to a tablespace,
> ORACLE should see it as one big contiguos space, so extents should span
> datafiles.
>
> Martin Douglas

I believe DEC Alpha was one of the first 64-bit m/c released commercially, and so
you are able to create large files/file systems. The OS (Dynix/ptx 4.2) allows me
to do the same. But again, is your initial extent (or even next) on any of the objects greater than 4 gig. ??
4 gig Received on Sun Nov 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message