Re: SQL LOADER & DATABASES

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/17

Senthil Velayudham <senthil_at_ti.com> wrote:
>I am running Oracle v 7.1.3 on Windows NT Server 3.51. I created an
>database and created two tables on it. The problem came when i tried to
>load my data file into the tables. My datafile is a EXCEL file saved as
>TEXT. My control file reads like this :
>
>***********************
>LOAD DATA
>INFILE '\\CNXSV\NPDT\MIPNPDT.TXT'
>INSERT
>INTO TABLE MIPNPDT1
> (NPDT POSITION(1:18) CHAR(18),
> MMIP POSITION(19:43) CHAR(25))
>************************
>My error message is:
>
>SQL*LOADER-350 Syntax Error at line 5
>Expecting column name, found end of file.
>
>************************
>
>I tried to load the file using the 16 bit GUI interface for Loading.
>Also i tried using the command line SQLLDR71.exe. both didn't work.
>
>I have a open tar with Oracle and they were not able to give an insight
>of this so far.
>
>Any help will be appreciated, if it's not a problem copy reply's to my
>address at 'senthil_at_ti.com'

Hi there,

Can you remove the data length of the columns from your control file and try it?

LOAD DATA
INFILE '\\CNXSV\NPDT\MIPNPDT.TXT'
INSERT
INTO TABLE MIPNPDT1

	(NPDT POSITION(1:18) CHAR,
	 MMIP POSITION(19:43) CHAR
        )

Since the error reported is on line 5, I feel the data length should be removed.

If it works, please let me know.

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Sun Nov 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message