Re: Init<SID>.ORA REMOTE_* parameter?

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <"Lun>
Date: 1996/11/17

Lee wrote:

> Looking in my initelst.ora file, the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE is set
> to SHARED. Is this right? What are the other options? Where in the
> docs do I find what the other options are and the ramifications of
> each option?

  REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE is used to specify how the password is used within an environment with several instances.

The valid values are:
NONE - It regards the password file is non-existent and password file authentication

    will not be used in this way.
EXCLUSIVE - The password file is used by only one database. SHARED - The password file can be used by several database. However, the users allowed

         in the file are SYS and INTERNAL.

For details, you can use Adminstrator Guide.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841