Position available with Academic Systems

From: Adam Rosen <adam_at_lightscape.com>
Date: 1996/11/16

(posted for a friend; please do not reply to me)

Academic Systems is a rapidly growing, highly successful company that develops, markets and supports interactive multimedia learning systems for colleges and universities. Academic Systems works with faculty to significantly improve student academic achievement in higher education.

We are currently seeking a consulting professional to assist the design of a database application. This position requires strong problem solving, design and communication skills.

A successful candidate is expected to have the following skills:
- Strong RDBMS knowledge, Oracle experience preferred

  • Strong knowledge and experience in SQL
  • Solid data modeling experience and a sound understanding of the software development lifecycle
  • Experience in object-oriented application design/development preferred
  • Familiarity with object-oriented modeling notation (OMT, Booch, UML)
  • Ability to work independently and communicate technical issues with design/implementation team

Please send all resumes to the attention of Laurie Shermer at:

        Academic Systems Corporation
        444 Castro Street, Suite 1200
        Mountain View, CA 94041
        FAX: (415) 694-6830