Re: Does ORAPERL exists on windows NT ???

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_jovial.cse.psu.edu>
Date: 1996/11/15

In article <56htjq$kft_at_panix.com>, Dave Coker <dcoker_at_panix.com> wrote:
>When you say "Oraperl, the Perl4 extenstion is dead" what exactly
>do you mean? Just not supported any longer? We're migrating applications
>from Sybase to Oracle, and Oraperl (like Sybperl) would *really* make
>my life easier.
>
>John D Groenveld (groenvel_at_jovial.cse.psu.edu) wrote:
>: In article <3289EB6D.36EB_at_pratique.fr>, gtie_igl <gtie_igl_at_pratique.fr> wrote:
>: >Who could tell me if ORAPERL exists on NT ??
>: >Where could i find it ??

>: The Perl5 modules DBI/DBD::Oracle (with Oraperl emulation) exist for most
>: Unix platforms. Oraperl, the Perl4 extension, is dead. For NT I think there
>: are ODBC solutions, the Perl5 Module List will have more details.

If your platform is UNIX, then perhaps the DBI/DBD::Sybase module will be helpful. Oraperl, the Perl4 extension, is dead--no longer supported. What dead means to me is that if you find a bug, you'll be told to upgrade to Perl5 w/ DBI/DBD::Oracle modules.
John
groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu Received on Fri Nov 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message