Re: Does ORAPERL exists on windows NT ???

From: Dave Coker <dcoker_at_panix.com>
Date: 1996/11/15

When you say "Oraperl, the Perl4 extenstion is dead" what exactly do you mean? Just not supported any longer? We're migrating applications from Sybase to Oracle, and Oraperl (like Sybperl) would *really* make my life easier.

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

  • BEGIN obligatory sig V2.4 -----

Dave Coker Deutsche Bank North America
Strategic Risk Analysis Group
New York, New York

"I only program computers for Deutsche Bank; I'm not their spokesman"

dcoker_at_panix.com		Public Access Unix
Dave_Coker_at_dbna.com		Deutsche Bank

mutant_at_escape.com		Funtime!

<A HREF="http://www.escape.com/~mutant/"The Mutant Page"A>
DrAspirin                       IRC

finger dcoker_at_panix.com for PGP key
PGP Fingerprint:
CC 12 40 74 7E A7 45 49 83 C5 78 AD 5A CB 06 D4

Win95? None for me thanks - I'm running Linux!

GeekCode:
 $G(CS/B/O) d++(----) H s+:+ g- !p1+ v++v? po---  t+ 5++> tv->_at_ b++ D++@ e+ h+9/5 r++ n----@  C++++ $UA++++ $US $P++> L+> N+++ $E+> $W++> M+3

  • END obligatory sig -----

John D Groenveld (groenvel_at_jovial.cse.psu.edu) wrote:
: In article <3289EB6D.36EB_at_pratique.fr>, gtie_igl <gtie_igl_at_pratique.fr> wrote:
: >Who could tell me if ORAPERL exists on NT ??
: >Where could i find it ??

: The Perl5 modules DBI/DBD::Oracle (with Oraperl emulation) exist for most
: Unix platforms. Oraperl, the Perl4 extension, is dead. For NT I think there
: are ODBC solutions, the Perl5 Module List will have more details.
: John
: groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu