Re: PRO*C - please help

From: Gary Corsar <gecorsar_at_erols.com>
Date: 1996/11/15

Arne,

I think you're caught in the Oracle library snare! And the only way I've found to get out of it is to look at the Pro*C example files (usually under the proc directory or something similar to that) and decypher the Oracle example Makefile.

Don't run scared whenyou look at the thing! I know it's a bit wild, but, take a deep breath, grab a stack of paper and a <good> pencil, and work your way thru the defined variables. When you get all done, you'll have the correct Oracle library order to use when linking your Pro*C code!

I wish there was a canned order, but, each release of Oracle seems to have different libraries and a different order to include them. And since they're statically linked, you have to set them up in a specific order.

Hope this helps!

Gary Corsar
gecorsar_at_erols.com