Re: UTL_FILE package...need info

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_planet.net>
Date: 1996/11/15

The 'oracle' account (i.e., account you start Oracle from) must have write privs on the directory you want to write to.

Regards,
jh

sriganesh subramanian (ss02_at_gte.com) wrote:

: Ian Abramson wrote:

: >
: > The UTL_FILE_DIR = *
: >
: > This should mean that we can write to any directory...wrong!
: >
: > If we try to write to a user's directory, we get an error.
: >
: We have the same problem on Sun platform SunOs 5.5 . We have set the : UTL_FILE_DIR = <our oracle home dir>. Even then we have the same error.
--
Jared Hecker              |  ** HWA, Inc. **   Oracle and Sybase
jared_at_hwai.com            |    database architecture and administration