help w/ MTS - no dispatchers starting!

From: benkrug <benkrug_at_mcs.com>
Date: 1996/11/14

Hi -

I don't know if I'm missing something. I set the parameters in my init.ora file (MTS_SERVERS, MTS_DISPATCHERS, MTS_MAX_SERVERS, MTS_MAX_DISPATCHERS, MTS_LISTENER_ADDRESS, if I remember correctly), and I get some server processes started up, but no dispatchers. And when I connect, I still get a dedicated process. Am I missing something?

I made sure the listener addresses were set the same as they are in listener.ora. Do I need to use a different port? (I tried, too.)

I am using Solaris 2.3, Oracle 7.1.3, and connecting with TCP/IP.

Thanks,

Ben Krug Received on Thu Nov 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message