Re: SQL*Forms no longer supported

From: Mal Heseltine <mth_at_qld.mim.com.au>
Date: 1996/11/14

That's what we've heard.
We're currently looking at how to migrate a couple of thousand forms/reports to the Developer 2000 environment (character mode) and hope everything will still work and look exactly the same.

There are products to help in the conversion (eg: Kumaran) as the oracle conversion leaves a lot to be desired. However, the Kumaran product is not real cheap to licence.

On top of that you're up for a huge expense in retraining developers & support staff on the new tool set, upgrading PC's to be able to use the toolset effectively (Pentium with 32M) AND the cost of licencing the tools for each developer to use.

Talk about an Oracle lock in! They're good, real good at making money.