Re: DB defragmentation

From: Simon <jb85_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1996/11/14

randyd_at_cais3.cais.com (Randy Dewoolfson) wrote:

[De-fragging SYSTEM tablespace]

>just do an IMP. follow the prompts and it will ask you if you want
>to compress extents. say Y.

De-fragging the SYSTEM tablespace will involve re-creating the database, however.

To be honest, unless your SYSTEM tablespace is horribly fragmented, the impact on DES2K is pretty minimal. Ours looks a little fragged, but the server side of DES2K here is pretty speedy.

--
Simon Holt --  System Designer/DBA
** My opinions are not nescessarily those of my employers **