Init<SID>.ORA REMOTE_* parameter?

From: Lee <lthomisn_at_alaska.net>
Date: 1996/11/13

Everytime I create a new instance I get a message that says:

Password file created. Please mae sure that the initialization parameter REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE is set to the appropriate value in the init<sid>.ora file for this SID. Failure to do so will result in the password file being omitted for this SID.

What is this error message really trying to tell me? Where in the docs do I find a discussion of it?

Looking in my initelst.ora file, the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE is set to SHARED. Is this right? What are the other options? Where in the docs do I find what the other options are and the ramifications of each option?

Thanks,

Lee Received on Wed Nov 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message