Re: HELP!!!...DESIGNER 2000 PROBLEMS

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/13

perry_at_mezzrtm.lasc.lockheed.com (Robert Perry) wrote:

>My users are experiencing the following problems & I cannot seem to find a
>solution(even working with Oracle support). I hope someone outthere can
>help.
>
> 1)When attempting to Reverse Engineer data from a remote database these
> errors are encountered:
> ORA-01536 space quota exceeded for tablespace 'DES2_I'
> ORA-06512 at "DESMGR.CITSDD_ELEMENTS", line 452
> ORA-06512 at "DESMGR.CITSDD_ELEMENTS", line 380
> ORA-06512 at line 2
> ORA-04088 error during e"'1+_>
>
> My user is able to create a database within the instance I created for
> Designer 2000 (repository) and reverse engineer tables & tablespaces
> into this database until he reaches what appears to be the storage limit.
> I have added generous amounts of space to the instance tablespaces but
> the errors still persist. Since I do not understand how you can create
> a database within the repository, I am at a loss. My thinking is that
> when a Designer needs a database he hands his scripts of to the DBA. It
> appears that this database that my user created to hold his models reaches
> its storage limit and generates errors. Is there a way to increase this
> database's size so he can complete his reverse enginering.

Hi there,

Since the alloted space in that tablespace is exceeded, Oracle gives the space quota error. Issue the following statement as a DBA user

alter user <username> quota unlimited on <tablespace name>

This statement will remove all the quota limitations on a tablespace. Then retry your operation.

If you need to need know the quota set for an user, you can query one of the data dictionary tables

DBA_SYS_PRIVS
DBA_ROLE_PRIVS I am not sure where it is exactly stored.

Hope the above info helps.

Regards

N.Prabhakar
Socgen Crosby Securities
Singapore Received on Wed Nov 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message