Re: "_at_" unrecognized in Sqlplus

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/13

sullma_at_atl.com (Steve Ullman) wrote:
>I have this weird problem with SQL plus. It doesn't seem to recognize
>the at sign "_at_" when I'm trying to execute a script. It's as if the
>character doesn't exist. I type in the _at_ and it's as if I typed in
>nothing. I can't even backspace over it. I've checked my terminal type
>and it seems fine. What else could it be?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>Steve Ullman
>Advanced Technology Laboratories
>sullma_at_atl.com

Hi there,

It is probable that your '_at_' character is mapped to kill at the OS level (unix). If you type stty -a at your OS prompt, you can see '_at_' mapped to kill command. If so, replace '_at_' character with some other character or 'Ctrl u'.

I am not sure how to map this, but this was the problem which we faced some time back.

Regards

N.Prabhakar
Socgen Crosby Securities
Singapore Received on Wed Nov 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message