SQL LOADER & DATABASES

From: Senthil Velayudham <senthil_at_ti.com>
Date: 1996/11/12

I am running Oracle v 7.1.3 on Windows NT Server 3.51. I created an database and created two tables on it. The problem came when i tried to load my data file into the tables. My datafile is a EXCEL file saved as TEXT. My control file reads like this :

LOAD DATA
INFILE '\\CNXSV\NPDT\MIPNPDT.TXT'
INSERT
INTO TABLE MIPNPDT1
	(NPDT POSITION(1:18) CHAR(18),
	 MMIP POSITION(19:43) CHAR(25))

My error message is:

SQL*LOADER-350 Syntax Error at line 5
Expecting column name, found end of file.

I tried to load the file using the 16 bit GUI interface for Loading. Also i tried using the command line SQLLDR71.exe. both didn't work.

I have a open tar with Oracle and they were not able to give an insight of this so far.

Any help will be appreciated, if it's not a problem copy reply's to my address at 'senthil_at_ti.com' Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message