HELP!!!...DESIGNER 2000 PROBLEMS

From: Robert Perry <perry_at_mezzrtm.lasc.lockheed.com>
Date: 1996/11/12

My users are experiencing the following problems & I cannot seem to find a solution(even working with Oracle support). I hope someone outthere can help.

   1)When attempting to Reverse Engineer data from a remote database these

     errors are encountered:
    	ORA-01536 space quota exceeded for tablespace 'DES2_I'
        ORA-06512 at "DESMGR.CITSDD_ELEMENTS", line 452
	ORA-06512 at "DESMGR.CITSDD_ELEMENTS", line 380
	ORA-06512 at line 2
	ORA-04088 error during e"'1+_>

     My user is able to create a database within the instance I created for
     Designer 2000 (repository) and reverse engineer tables & tablespaces
     into this database until he reaches what appears to be the storage limit.
     I have added generous amounts of space to the instance tablespaces but
     the errors still persist.  Since I do not understand how you can create
     a database within the repository, I am at a loss.  My thinking is that
     when a Designer needs a database he hands his scripts of to the DBA. It
     appears that this database that my user created to hold his models reaches
     its storage limit and generates errors.  Is there a way to increase this
     database's size so he can complete his reverse enginering.

   2)When attempting to Retrofit the following errors occur:
	RME-00222 Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
	RME-00011 Operation 'ins' on Entity has failed
	RME-00011 Operation 'ins' on SYNONYM has failed
	RME-00020 Internal API error: ORA-01536 space quota
		  exceeded quota for tablespace DES2_I

   3) When attempting to delete a module the following errors occur:
	ORA-02074 cannot in a distributed transaction
	RME-02124 failed to execute SQL statement
	RME-00222 failed to dispatch operation to repository

I believe these errors are related. I would appreciate any suggestions. We have been working with Oracle for a month with no success.

Please post a response or email me at rperry_at_mantis.mar.lmco.com Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message