Re: Nobody uses SCO & Oracle7?

From: Mike Madland <mikemad_at_asymetrix.com>
Date: 1996/11/12

fjp_at_his.com (Fred Puhan) wrote:

>Last week I asked for comments/experiences regarding running Oracle7 under
>SCO UNIX/Xenix. To date I've received NOT ONE reply. Does no one use this
>combination? I know of at least one company (my reason for asking), so at
>least I know Oracle makes a version for this OS. Is it really that bad?

Not at all. I've used Oracle under SCO for years (since Oracle 5/SCO Xenix). It is stable and supported. The main problem is that is seems to be one of the "2nd tier" ports, that is, we don't the get the new releases quite as fast as other platforms, like Sun/Solaris. Other than that, it's great!

Do you have any specific questions?

Mike Madland
mikemad_at_asymetrix.com