OCI and MultiThreading

From: Mogens Olesen <Mogens_Olesen_at_net.dialog.dk>
Date: 1996/11/12

I'm currently developing a system using OCI in a multithreaded environment. I do have lots of trouble with accessviolations when calling the OCI functions.
Especially when calling oopen from different threads, using a threadlocal CDA and
a common LDA (session/connection) for all calls to oopen.

As soon as I serialize a transaction within critical section, meaning that no cursor can
execute simultanously on the same LDA the problems seem to disappear.

Also if I make one connection for every cursor, the problems disappear.

Have anyone experienced similar problems or maybe know about OCI-restrictions in
this matter ?

Thanks in advance
Mogens Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message