Re: [Q] can Pro*C work with Gcc or not??

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/11/12

In article <565inb$fde_at_tube.news.pipex.net>, Graham Potts <graham_at_pncl.co.uk> writes
>I use GCC with Pro C and have had no problems at all. It took me a
>little time to get the make file set up properly and to make sure I
>had the right ld command but since then it has worked fine. I did have
>to copy one of the Oracle libraries in to /usr/lib - one of the
>shareable libraries although I can't remember which one because it
>could not be found in the Oracle directory at run time and I couldn't
>work out why not.

There is an environment variable (something like LDLOADPATH) which you can set at run time. It acts as a search path to dynamic libraries. There is also one which you can set at compile time which embeds the path of the dynamic library in the executable.

Sorry if this is vague but I don't have access to my manuals. Check the IUG for your system

--
Jim Smith